- How to use the Marina Directory
- How to use the Almanac
- How to use the Weather Tools
- How to configure your News and Events
- How to use the Compass
- How to sign up to your Free Waypoint account
- How to Share this App with friends
- How to use the Reference section
- How to set your Favourites
- How to configure your Settings
- How to give Feedback
- Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect certain information you provide to us when using The Waypoint, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information or other content to The Waypoint.
We may collect certain personal information and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thewaypoint.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not under to obligation to respond to them.
- Details of transactions and account amendments that you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use The Waypoint, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on The Waypoint. You can enable or disable location services when you use The Waypoint at anytime, through your mobile device settings. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- To monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve The Waypoint and your experiences when you use The Waypoint, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests (including ads), and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We may also contact you to let you know about goods that may be of interest to you subject to your use of our site.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which you upload your data.
[We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 247Seas Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
You can deactivate your account by selecting the “deactivate” link. Deactivating your account lets you remove your profile without permanently deleting it. When you deactivate your account, other users will no longer see your profile or information (but your information is saved, in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future). If you want to delete your information and your account, please contact us with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
For full functionality, our applications require an Internet connection. Therefore The Waypoint Apps should never be relied upon as the only source of Tidal, Weather and Safety information.
The users of our Apps acknowledge this and agree that it is used at their sole risk. Our Apps are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind.
The information contained within our Apps is not exhaustive, and are provided only as a guide – not a navigation tool.
The Master of the vessel is, and always remains, responsible for the vessel, and any subsequent action taken. Local and international regulations take precedence over the contained information.
Whilst all sensible precautions are made to ensure the accuracy of all data in The Waypoint application – the information provided is for reference only and is used entirely at the user’s own risk. Neither The Waypoint, UK Hydrographic Office, Weather2 or the Met Office or any other organisation has verified any data within the application.
Information regarding marinas and their facilities is drawn from the Marinas’ own publicity and websites, The Waypoint, our dedicated testers and from the feedback of users. Please report errors and omissions via our feedback section. The details given are intended to be a useful guide, however we recommended to contact the Marina via email in advance for confirmation of availability of a suitable berth and any particular facilities you require. Although a lot of effort has gone into the compilation of this data, no responsibility is assumed for any consequences arising from errors and omissions.
This App Copyright © 2012 247Seas Ltd trading as The Waypoint.
(a.) Ownership of copyright:
The copyright on this App and the material on this App (including without limitation the text, code, artwork & photographs) is owned by us.
(b.) Copyright licence:
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive, revocable licence to: View this App and the material on this App on a mobile device. We do not grant you any other rights in relation to this App or the material on this App. In other words, all other rights are reserved. For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute or broadcast without our prior written permission.
(c.) Enforcement of copyright:
We take the protection of our copyright seriously. If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the licence above, we may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
Effective: December 14th, 2012